14 January, 2013

Healthy Vegetable Soup #Paleo #Diabetes #vegetarian #South Beach

Big batch of healthy vegetable soup!
One thing I have always loved is soups.  I have started making them in the crockpot and pretty much throwing in all the veggies I have and letting it be different every time. I eat it before dinner so that I get vegetables and it fills me up so I don't eat as much for dinner.  

I made a big batch of this the other day and then froze individual portions to have at a later time. I also sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top before I eat it.

I always put two things in for the base. One large can organic diced tomatoes,and one box Trader Joe's Organic Hearty Vegetable broth.

This is what I put in the soup this time.  Trader Joes sliced crimini mushrooms, a whole bag, two organic golden beets peeled and sliced, one organic sweet potato sliced, one sweet mayan onion sliced, one large organic broccoli crown broken up,  three organic carrots peeled and chopped, & three stalks celery chopped, some organic green beans cut in half, a couple of yellow summer squash and at the very end, a half a bag of organic spinach.  I like big chunks of vegetables in my soup so I do a rough large chop. I try to buy everything organic.  I season with S&P, lots of grated fresh garlic, Louisiana Hot sauce and  SPIKE .

This was the finished product in the crockpot! It's really good! Use your imagination. Cook on low in the crockpot 8 hours or 4 hours on high, depending on how crunchy you like your vegetables.

10 comments:

  1. Looks so good. Making this after work, and hoping it will cure my red nose... Hate looking like Rudolf the reindeer :)
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, that looks DELISH! It's so easy to get "boring" with the food(and therefore bored with the eating plan)...when it's grilled chicken breast with veggies night after night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making soups and stews in the crockpot and freezing into smaller servings! I'll skip the beets but add some cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can easily add some of the left over chicken or any other meat to a bowl JoAnn. I make this with cabbage all the time Susan, I just didn't have any at home when I made this the other day. It's also quite good if you add a can of rinsed black beans, white or kidney beans for more protein and then it is really filling. Thanks for playing along ladies! :) I see you made it purple Janne. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red cabbage made it purple, and purple was a big hit with the 7 boys who ended up having dinner here tonight.
      J

      Delete
  5. Just eating all these soaps would fill me up, and I wouldn't be able to eat the rest of the supper. These look great Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These soups look great, delicious. Just eating these soups would be enough for me, I would be too full to eat anything else for supper ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! This looks amazing!! Anything that I can start in the crockpot is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Usually vegetables are very good for health as we all know, preparing it with half boiled, adding sauces will really increase the taste of soups. Vegetables soups are more preferable during weight loss as varieties of vegetables are used for this purpose. A perfect vegetable soup contains vitamins and minerals.

    ReplyDelete

Is There Anything Spiritual About Mindfulness? Mindless muddy brain attacks until you are slipping into a carele...