20 February, 2013

Baked Tilapia with Olive Tapenade & Cauliflower Mash

Another (sort of) Paleo friendly meal

As I might have mentioned, I am eating dairy on my new lifestyle change of eating, way of life, so not pure Paleo. Though I still say that none of us were there at the time of the cavemen, so who really knows!?  

This was the easiest meal to make because I used some pre-prepared foods.


Trader Joe's has a new Mediterranean Olive tapenade that has a lot of good stuff in it.

I took a piece of tilapia and covered it with the tapenade, baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350.

Then I made a variation of my favourite cauliflower mash with cheese and garlic in it.  I used a bag of microwave cauliflower and placed whole garlic cloves in with it, to soften the garlic & some butter with S&P to taste.

added the garlic and some shredded cheese then used my immersion blender to get it smooth.  Yum!!


6 comments:

  1. That looks yummy!! I haven't tried the "cauliflower faux mashed potatoes" yet, but everyone says they're great! Thanks for sharing your recipes...very inspirational! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You`re right, how can we really know what they ate back then?! Mammuth steak probably, and I haven`t been able to find that in any shops here in Norway.
    I`ve heard of Tapenade, but like Mammuth, it`s not available here. What more than olives is in it? Looks really glad! Glad to see you are blogging again!
    janne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smashed cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new tapenade that I got has greek black and green olives, roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, capers & olive oil. this is chopped a little chunky and i like that better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This looks amazing!! I've gotta try and find some of the tapenade. I think I could use that on a lot of stuff to make it even more yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Is There Anything Spiritual About Mindfulness? Mindless muddy brain attacks until you are slipping into a carele...